Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lots of updates!!! I am finally blogging again.






Hello again to everyone. Wow it has been a wild, but fun August and September for us. The first part of August brought the celebrating of our 13th (yes I can't believe it either) anniversary. Since we didn't even get to celebrate last year because David was working we decided to drive to Cour'dAlene Idaho and take our boys to Silverwood Theme Park and celebrate as a family. We loaded up and spent three fun days there. I would highly recommend it to any family living close by and needing a fun family get a way. The only down fall was that it rained on the second day we were there (which was when we planned to hit the waterpark) but we just put on slickers and off we went. It was very nice because there was no lines and hardly any people. Some highlights of the experience had to be Zane and I being stuck at the top of the ferris wheel and him telling me "I have to go potty" (aren't those the words all of us mother's love to hear at inopportune moments). I won't elaborate on what happen next, I will just say that they had to shut the ride down for a few moments. Other great moments were seeing the look of sheer happiness as Jake and Seth ran from the exit of the "Corkscrew" rollercoaster and run right back into the entering line. After four back to back runs Seth said "I don't think I should do rollercoasters for awhile" while holding his stomach. So after rollercoasters, carnival rides, lots of pizza, ice cream, magic shows and ice skating shows we called it a good time and headed home. As you can see in this photo we had some pretty "tuckered out" boys!

On August 27th the boys started their first day of this school year. A couple days before we went shopping for school clothes and met up with Kadie and kids and shopped and then went to the park for lunch. One last fun day before school started. Here are some pictures from that day and Jake and Seth heading off to school on their bikes.










The first week of September found us hustling to help David put on the first annual Demolition Derby for our town. He wanted to put this on to raise money for the "Ticket Free Jamboree" that he puts on for the high school age kids that have not received a drug/alcohol ticket for the year. It was a great success and brought in over 1500 people from all over the state. David and I were very relieved that all went well and are starting plans for next year. It was held on the Saturday of Labor day weekend so we also were enjoying two PRCA rodeos, two parades and a street dance. Very fun weekend in our town. It was wild but very fun! What a great and wonderful community that we live in! I am so thankful for the great memories we have made this summer and fall.

1 comment:

Tammi said...

I knew I just had to look at blogs today because everyone who was slacking would finally post.(no church today!) I was right - the biggest slacker finally did. Glad to see pictures and get up to date with your family! We need to chat. I will call this week.