Hey everyone, I am finally getting time to get something on my poor sad and lame blog. Life has been very busy for our little family this spring. With spring concerts, track meets, end of
the school year activities, picnics, birthday parties and baseball, we have been coming and going but I have enjoyed it all because I know that someday the boys will be grown and I will miss all of this. I am posting some pictures of Zane's preschool track meet which was the cutest thing that you have ever seen. He just started going to a little bit of preschool this year and he loved it. It took a little while to understand the rules and not be so shy but he finally caught on.
4. Watching Jake put his whole heart and soul into doing his best every game and making sure that I was watching when he went up to bat. And never getting mad at anything or anyone.
7. Seeing a little freckled face smile, waving at me from second base.

We have also had a great time with Jake and Seth's baseball season. The little boys were very patient and usually found a great dirt pile to play in while their big brothers played their games. I have really enjoyed watching how the boys have improved and how they learned so much this year. There have been some interesting moments:
1. running to the outhouse at an out of town game with a shoeless Zane trying to "make it in time" (I won't share the details on what happened next, I will just s
ay that was a moment when I almost had a meltdown)
2.Seth cathing a pop fly right on the lip and having the honor of having the biggest "fat lip" I have ever seen, and he even went back into the game and finished. What a tough nut!
3. Me having the "play of the game" at one of Seth's games when I was talking on the cell phone and caught a fly ball with my hand and saved my Mom from an ER visit. Good thing women can multitask.
4. Watching Jake put his whole heart and soul into doing his best every game and making sure that I was watching when he went up to bat. And never getting mad at anything or anyone.
5. Seeing Seth make a triple play when he caught his first fly ball and then step on second and throw it to third.
6. David and I jumping out of the stands when Jake caught his first pop fly in the outfield. Yeah we were a little excited.
8. Forming a search party for Zane when I thought he had fell in at the nearby "swamp area" during Jake's home game. After a long five minutes he came out of the big tires at the park where he found an awesome hiding spot.
9. Sitting in between two fields at Jake and Seth's home game which were both at the same time and wondering where my husband was. I looked over and see him up to bat with his Sheriff uniform on. The team that Jake was supposed to play didn't show up so they recruited the Dad's.
10. Looking out on the field after the game and seeing Seth, David and Luke playing a quick game. There was nothing cuter to watch then when Luke had this huge catcher's mask on and holding the bat. When he bumped the ball he would drop the bat and all you could see was this catcher's mask and little legs underneath running as fast as he could.
It is moments like these that make me grateful to be a Mom and thankful for the simple things in life that are so fleeting.




4 comments:
You did have a busy spring... But memories from it will last forever. The boys seemed to have a lot of fun in baseball this year!
Too cute Keri. Carston is a baseball nut, so I'm looking forward to similar experiences, although not the potty one...or the search party...but the pleasant ones right? :)
OK ~ I arose early this morning and was trying really hard to get everything done ~ including the PFNL ~ which is why I am actually on the blogs. But could I keep on track ~ Oh No ~ I have to read the latest blogs ~ and now I'm crying and have messed up my make-up. One look at Zaner's picture and I'm a blubbering idiot ~ BTW it's my background picture now. I'll switch it out with the other boys. We miss you guys so much. You should hear Cy every time he meets someone new. He has to tell them all about his cousins in Montana. As we were walking out of our new!!! Wal-Mart yesterday he said, "Mom aren't you glad we live so close to Wal-Mart?" "Yes, it's great huh buddy?" "Well actually mom even though I really like it, I'd still rather be back home with Jake and Seth and Zane and Luke." Broke my heart ~ but I told him if we can ever get this business up and going we will be able to live wherever we want. He was OK with that.
So cute! I am glad you finally updated your blog! I love hearing about what goes on with your crew! Keep it up.
Post a Comment