Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just some thoughts

I have been bad lately at keeping up with this blog, so I thought that I would just do some catching up. This last month has been pretty crazy but in a good way. I have spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks down at my parents helping them pack up their stuff. They will need to be out of their house on May 5 so we have been helping them sort through their stuff and get it ready to go in either a storage shed or a fifth wheel.
We are blessed to be able to have them close again as they are going to rent a lot that is just a couple blocks down from us and put their fifth wheel there. The boys are already planning early morning visit with Grandma and Grandpa before school. It will be really nice to have them close again. I hope they enjoy it here.
We have been living in winter wonderland here for the last month. Today we had almost three inches of snow. We went to Seth's "spring concert" tonight and the poor kids were signing about springtime and green grass and sunshine. I guess only in our dreams.
I have been enjoying the last week to spend with my friend Becky, as they are moving on Saturday. They are going to move back to Oregon where they were from. We are going to miss them and have so enjoyed their families friendship. What a wonderful gift a good friend is and I am thankful for this time that I have had to spend with Becky this winter. She has helped me make this winter bearable for me. Zane will also miss Sophie I know and is always excited when "the girls" come over. I wish them well in their move back and hope everything goes smoothly for them.
Tomorrow is Jake's 11 birthday. Is there a rule that when you give birth to your first child that time automatically goes faster. He is growing up to be a fine young man and I am thankful to be his Mom. Hope he can have a great day.

No comments: