Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back in the swing of things

Well we are back in the life of schedules and schoolwork. The boys started school on the 27th of August and so far are really happy and doing well. Jake is in the fifth grade and seems to feel like he is not the new kid anymore. He really likes his teacher and has been spending lots of time after school watching the junior high football practice.

Seth is in the second grade this year and also seems to be doing well. I had to laugh at the note his teacher sent home that informed me that she is happy that Seth listens and follows directions "most of the time". That kinda of made me wonder. :-) All kidding aside I have been really proud of them and how they have moved here and adjusted so well without any complaining. They have made some good friends this summer and really seem to like it here.

I have now been able to spend a lot more one on one time with Zane when the kids are at school. That has been pretty interesting at times. Even though at times Zane and I get so frustrated with each other I am still treasuring this special time with him before he goes to school.

David has also been staying busy doing extra projects these past two months. He worked for three weeks helping build a storage unit and has also built a storage shed for the baseball league. We have started a side business of building storage sheds, because it is something that we can do as a family in the afternoons before David starts his night shift for the sheriff department. The boys love to help and we have already got three more orders. David has also been haying for a friend of his that needed some extra help. It has been a pretty busy last couple of weeks.



I wanted to include some more pictures of this summer that I took of a trip up to Birch Creek that we took with Grandma Diane, Grandpa Boyd and Cy last month when we were in Dillon. They were too special not to share. We sure made some fun summer memories this year.






............

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thank you so much for posting the new pictures and updates on the family. I truly enjoy seeing the boys grow up and reading all of your family news. You are a true blessing to all of us. Keep up the awesome blogging.